- You must post the rules.
- Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
- Let them know you've tagged them!
Here are the questions Hilary posed to me, along with my answers:
What is your drink of choice at Starbucks? (Bonus points if you can say it in correct jargon.)
Tall vanilla latte, please. Now do I get one??
Do you use Twitter?
Nope. I only opened a Twitter account to create my Pinterest account (I'm facebook-less too).
What do you wear to work?
Yoga pants! But only when I work from home. Right now, pants and cashmere sweaters when I go in to work - my outfit in this recent post is an outfit I routinely wear to work.
How often do you work out?
When I remember . . . I use my treadmill when someone phones me, so it's getting me into the habit of using it regularly but I think it annoys my friends and family to have a conversation with me over the sound of my treadmill (and huffing, puffing and wheezing).
If you won the lottery today, what would you do with the money?
Pay off the mortgage! Buy a truck (sometimes the DIY supplies won't fit in the car)!
Do you have any pets? What are their names?
No pets, because I have nerdy-girl allergies.
Do you thrift?
I thrift, I yard sale, I estate sale, I troll the classifieds.
Do you pin?
Of course! Check out my Pinterest boards here.
What age do you consider "old"?
100. I wish that our beauty-driven society would do away with the emphasis on looking young. I grow weary of anti-wrinkle creams and lip plumping gels. Even though I wear makeup, I hate how ageist, size-ist and just plain horrible the industry can be for women's self-esteem. I wish I was more confident in my looks, and then I would boycott the whole darn thing.
When is your birthday and what do you want?
June. All I want is for those around me to be healthy.
Blue or black ink?
Blue! And I'm super excited there are other people that have opinions one way or the other.
I clean the house during television commercials because I just can't stand to watch them.
Tea always makes me feel better, no matter the ailment.
Even though using them can be a hassle (mugs are easier!), I still love teacups because they look so elegant.
I finally decided to start using the good dishes, like my hand-me-down Iittala glassware.
Sometimes I buy things just because they are made in Finland or Hungary.
I get inspired by random things, like the Stuart Weitzman store in the Mall of America, which is so pretty with its all-white walls, curvy furniture and shimmery mosaic tile:
I have a fabulous relationship with my Mom and we talk on the phone almost every day.
I'm not really into my birthday. It's just a day. Last year we spent it at my grandparents' in Toronto, chilling with my family (this is my little cousin). 100% low-key.
I always want to blow up and frame photos I take, but then I get overwhelmed trying to decide which one and give up.
I had a pet, a Jack Russel Terrier named Lily. I gave her to my grandparents when my allergies became intolerable. I always felt guilty about it, and she has since passed away which has made me feel doubly guilty because my grandparents were really negatively affected by the loss. Sheesh. Guilt all around. But she sure was a cutie:
I don't actually mind winter when it's pretty, even though you couldn't guess, what with all my griping. But when it gets all mucky and slushy and gross I see no purpose to the cold weather.
I want to be an early riser but just. can't. do. it. So frustrating.
Now, my questions:
- How much time do you devote to blogging each day?
- What do you think is the best room in your house/home/apartment/lean-to?
- What is your favorite colour?
- What skill would you love to learn?
- Are you sentimental about stuff, or can you de-clutter with ease?
- Who is your favorite band/musician?
- How do you organize your books? By colour? By theme? Some personalized system?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- Do you buy yourself fresh-cut flowers?
- Do you screen your phone calls?
- What is the funniest thing that has happened to you?