April 9, 2011

It Must Be the New Blog Header . . .

. . . because I was just given a Stylish Blogger award by the lovely Amy, from Brushed Satin

The rules: after linking back to the lovely blogger who sent me the award, I reveal 7 things about me & pass the award on to 10 bloggers I deem stylish.  Thanks to Amy for letting my know she pinged me, I tend not to notice my own name & blog in print.

So here goes:
  1. I am left-handed
  2. I am a feminist (the make-up wearing, husband marrying kind - we come in infinite variations)
  3. I am currently doing my PhD in Women's Studies
  4. My Undergraduate Degree & Master's Degree are both in Philosophy
  5. I'm struggling to get fit & lose weight
  6. My favorite colour is turquoise
  7. I hate gardening with a vengeance
This certainly fills out the "About Moi" page, doesn't it?

Here are 10 bloggers I'd like to pass this award on to (because of my devious plan: to learn more about their stylish selves):

Noelle from Gray Paint Decor
Dana from Mid2Mod
Caroline from The Feminist Housewife
Pauline from The English Organizer
Kate from Maurice & King
Brismod from Fun & VJs
Michelle from Second Street East
Emilie from Live.Eat.Smile
Lesley from Fabulously Flawed
Kristan from Pretty My World

And don't forget to check out Brushed Satin!

Eegads. That's 10.  Of course, I think so many blogs are stylish.  But these are the rules . . .

Speaking of stylish, how lovely is this print?

Eloise renouf
Little Winter Trees
Print by Eloise Renouf
Photo Via Retro to Go

12 comments:

  1. I just found your blog by happenstance {stalking the vast blogland} and j'adore! I'll be back for sure, your style is so fun and fresh.

    I knew I loved it here especially when I saw your fun pick of the tiny squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna Marie. Thanks for your kind words. I knew the squirrel would win me new friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the new blog header!! I am struggling with mine, know nothing about code or computers for that matter :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks so much for the lovely mention. You are too sweet! I also like finding out more about you. Wow PhD student...I bet your blog must be a very nice diversion from it! xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award! It really means a lot to me and my little piece of the blog world!

    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award. I count it as high praise from someone whose taste I find impeccable. You gave the award to almost all my picks! And I honestly can't think of 7 things about me that wouldn't bore my readers stiff, but you asked for it, so I'll tell you: 1) I officially retired when I was 52. 2) I worked almost exclusively with gang members and adjudicated kids the last 7 years of my career and loved it. 3) I went back to college when I was 50. 4) I showed Tennessee Walking Horses when I was a teenager. 5) I was a hippie in the 60s and 70s. 6) I met the love of my life when I was 49. 7) I have 18 tattoos, the same as Ray Bradbury's Illustrated Man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blog header Tanya! And so good to find someone else who hates gardening (we are few and far between you know!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thanks for the award! Such a lovely surprise on this rainy Sydney Sunday. You have a gorgeous blog and it's been so great to find you x

    PS. New blog header does look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun details about you! I love gardening though:) Therapudic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to everyone for being so nice about my "all about me" post. I tend to avoid yammering on about moi. But, in my usual contradictory way, I love learning about other people. Like Dana, who is fantastically interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the award! That means a lot coming from your stylish self. And I LOVED learning more about you. You sound like a very intriguing lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOLed like crazy @ " the make-up wearing, husband marrying kind ". Brilliant!
    Thank you for the honor, baybay. I feel super blessed that I'm even on your radar!

    ReplyDelete

You've made my day! I love hearing from you.
Unless you're a spammer. Spam commenters, you're out of luck: I approve each and every comment, so don't waste your time here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...