November 4, 2011

Some Blog Love + More About Me

HUGE thanks to Shannon, from 8foot6, for passing on some blog lovin' and sending a Versatile Blogger award my way.  But, in actuality, I am a bad blogger and received a Versatile Blogger award in August from My Beautiful Life but I didn't blog about it!  But I'm following through now and am hugely appreciative that anyone reads my blog, let alone deems it award-worthy.

As per the rules, 7 things about me: 

1.  You know I love silhouettes, is it any surprise I love cameos, too?  This is my most recent purchase, from an antique show that came to town.



2.  My McCoy collection is growing but not in my favorite colour, turquoise.  Maybe if I meandered online I'd find more, but I like to buy in person (preferably when traveling) so each piece is special.  I'm a softie. 


3.  I am not a fan of my giant knees.  I refer to them as my "skull-crushing knees" (or skull-crushers, for short) because they are just. so. large.  Mostly filled with bone, too.  And this skull-crushing-knee gene is a dominant trait, with my dad, aunt, grandfather and cousin all sporting them.   


4.  I'll have to keep this interesting,so you stop staring at my knees.  Something shiny will do the trick.  I love my wedding band (Hubby & I picked it out together), but I can't stop staring at uncut diamond rings. 

Something Shiny Moved
Uncut diamond ring.  Oooo. Sparkly.  Whose thinking about knees now?

My wedding band.

5.  I have re-read this collection of essays dozens of times.  As a voluntarily child-free woman, Nobody's Mother: Life Without Kids is one of my favorite books.


6.  I need more time.  I just never have enough.  I don't mean that I miss deadlines - I am super on the ball about that.  I mean that there are so many things I want to do, try, taste, see, accomplish and I worry that I will never fit all of my goals into one lifetime.

I'm still hooked on posterize, but have been customizing it.

7.  I'm working on my first-ever Ikea Hack.  Stay tuned, but here's a hint:

Ikea

Now to pass on the fun.  I'd love to learn more about the bloggers behind these versatile blogs, that I check in on most every day:



P.S. For more tidbits about me, check out this, this and this post from previous blogger awards.

20 comments:

  1. Oooh, I can't wait to see your IKEA hack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "wait" is the operative word. You know what a DIY snail I am. But if it doesn't implode, it should be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh, I love that cameo! thanks so much for thinking of me :) I wrote up a post for this a little while ago, so I won't do it again but I enjoyed reading all of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I think I will get right on this. I loved reading all about you. What a COOL collection you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I'm honored to be on the list! Can't wait to see the IKEA hack too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Thanks!!! Can't wait to see the Ikea hack. I love those :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally love your neckale!!i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    u can contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was a great idea. it helps the reader get to know you better. i should do the same thing. my blog is pretty impersonal in terms of who i am in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great tidbits! And I can't believe you came clean about the knees! I would have kept my secret hated body part a secret online forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone!

    You know, Shannon, I thought about not mentioning the skull-crushers. But women all have things they hate about their bodies and although being content would be ideal, I think knowing that other women have issues with their bodies is a step in the right direction. Eventually, I'd love to live in a world where every woman feels good about who she is and how she looks. Until then, all I can do is be honest about my insecurities and try to work on them. I bought ever-so-slightly shorter hemlines this past summer. That's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to learn a little more about you! I'm going to have to check out that book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice surprise...thank you Tanya xo. I love these for the same reason as everyone else. I truly love to find out more about my favourite bloggers. It makes me feel like we're better friends. I think if you keep buying beautiful necklaces nobody will notice your knees:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the award!
    I just found your blog...it's so cute!!
    I added to your followers:)
    I'm very happy if you follow me too
    Have a great day:)
    Xoxo
    Mary
    Fashion tea at 5

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANKS FOR FOLLOWING SEEK THE SLEEK! I'VE SHARED THIS POST TO MY TWITTER: @tiodang + RECOMMEND THIS POST TO GOOGLE , HOPE U WILL DO THE SAME TO MY POST.
IT'S TRULY AN HONOR HAVING YOU AS MY BLOG MEMBER.
i will keep in touch with your blog! as long as you leave a comment and share my posts too :D THANKS! 
let me know your twitter acc, so everytime i share your post to my twitter, i can mention you. 
feel free to mention me on twitter if u want me to check out your new post & comment it! + list me on twitter, so i know u're my follower. if you want me to promote your blog on my blog,
CONTACT ME: CHEERINGWINDA@YAHOO.COM
*YOU CAN ADD ME ON FACEBOOK, I WILL ALWAYS CONFIRM MY FOLLOWERS :D
LONG AS YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MY BLOG TOO!!*

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautifull style! amazing pictures! wow
    Nice blog!
    I invite you to see my blog, and if you like it, you could follow me! i 'll do the same!
    kisses
    Miriamstella

    is fashion my Passion? the MiriamStella's Blog
    MY FACEBOOK FAN PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun! You are, indeed, a versatile blogger. I loved looking at the pictures of your home! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the award Tanya! Look forward to checking out some of the blogs that I've never seen before. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving your necklace and #6 - I always feel like the Queen of Not Enough Time, until I read yet another blog post by yet another person who feels the exact same way. There's a kind of camaraderie there, which is part of the reason I think some of us read so many blogs - sort of vicariously.

    Like, I may never have the chance to buy a fantastic cameo with a great experience attached, but someone I 'know' did!
    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow lovely tanya..and you had given me one earlier and its such a pleasure receiving them
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is fun, isn't it? I love learning more about my favorite bloggers. These little details really connect us.

    ReplyDelete

You've made my day! I love hearing from you.
Unless you're a spammer. Spam commenters, you're out of luck: I approve each and every comment, so don't waste your time here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...