December 9, 2011

DIY Inspiration: Gold Dipped Bowl

I caught this project on Curbly: a "gold" dipped bowl, made from air dry clay & then painted.  Even though I mooned over gold when I came home from Hungary, I still haven't actually added any . . . but maybe a little bowl like this might look cute on Hubby's new DIY'd desk?  Or to add a bit of sparkle to my newly styled (and hacked) Expedit

Stolen from Curbly

Or maybe I'll give up on gold and try neon (or turquoise!):

Stolen from Curbly

You have to check out the gorgeous tutorial - it is simple, effective and made me giggle (it's supposed to).

10 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, right? A totally modern take on gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I have this pinned in my DIY folder on Pintrest....taking it that next step further and painting it in neon pink: brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The neon is so unexpected! But I think with the white it wouldn't look too out of place, even in a home with neutral decor.

    It would look great with the new colour of 2012 - that fabulous, saturated red/tangerine.

    I'm not on pinterest (might join soon) so my blog acts as my pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Curbly. Their projects always look great and are simple enough to make me say, "Why didn't I think of that?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana, I know! I feel major DIY-envy anytime I check out the site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually tried this out and gave them as gifts along with a piece of jewelry to my sisters for Christmas: http://adventuresincreating.blogspot.com/2011/12/diy-faux-porcelain-bowl.html

    ReplyDelete

You've made my day! I love hearing from you.
Unless you're a spammer. Spam commenters, you're out of luck: I approve each and every comment, so don't waste your time here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...