- Shadow box
- Silk ribbon (I used silk because the sheen is a nice contrast against the patina of the keys)
- Skeleton keys (I used 5 - I like odd numbers)
- Straight pins (5)
How to display vintage skeleton keys:
- Tie a ribbon around each key, at various lengths, securing the ribbon with a bow
- Slide a straight pin through the back of the bow (to hide it)
- Push the pin into the shadow box
- Fuss a little to arrange the bow so it looks nice
- Re-insert the glass and call it a day!
|. . . are a-okay!|
For now, my collection of vintage skeleton keys is displayed Hubby's new DIY desk. Because my shadow box has room for a photo, I added a picture taken in Budapest Hungary that features some ironwork because the colour and texture really complement my arrangement of keys.