With the office chair re-located, we now have any empty space in the office - the perfect place for a desk for Hubby.
I was thinking of making a console-style table. Something that doesn't look like a desk (I don't want his desk to look like the secretary accompanying my executive desk). I found this photo in the May 2010 Martha Stewart & I think this style desk would look great, especially because it complements the headboard I designed that my grandpa welded:
| Martha Stewart May 2010 |
BUT, I also have a fabulous tulip table base sitting in our basement, crying out to me. Maybe a Mad Men-eque set-up? I could paint the base another color . . .
| Via Elle Decor |
So, weigh in: console table or tulip table? Here's a photo of the office, but picture a gaping hole where the chair once sat. Scroll down for a photo of our headboard.
| With the chair re-located, we have space for another desk. |
P.S. I still can't believe my desk was in Living Etc. magazine! I get giddy just thinking about it.
First of all, I LOVE Mad Men, but...I think a welded desk would look nice with your desk and is also more masculine.
ReplyDeleteI never thought of it as being more masculine, but maybe you're right . . . I do like the "flow" a welded desk would create, uniting elements from other rooms.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Stephanie...the welded desk. If you can't find a use for the tulip table base, I can help you with that ;)
ReplyDeleteI like the console idea for the hubs. I agree it looks more masculine than the tulip base. And I know, as creative as you are, you can find something else to do with the tulip!
ReplyDeleteLove the headboard! As for the desk, I say the tulip table. It will also make it feel like a secondary conference like spot. Love that idea! M.
ReplyDeleteMandi, you're thinking what I was thinking. Add two chairs and Hubby's "desk" could also be a spot to chill together, or look at stuff online together. I hate having one of us look over the other's shoulder. But maybe it is just plain cruel to take over his workspace before it is even created?
ReplyDeleteI like the console desk in the photo! It would go fantastic with the other wood/metal elements in the room. Love your tulip base find as well!
ReplyDelete