You could try a silhouette of a flower or leaf in a fun, crisp colour:
![]() |
| Via Made by Girl |
Or, instead of a bust or stuffy pose, try silhouettes of fun poses - you could trace family pictures or even magazine images and then cut out of black paper. Gina, from the Temporary Nest, has a great tutorial - click here.
![]() |
| Photo Source |
Or try a bold colour combo, like this red silhouette on a printed fabric stretched and mounted:
![]() |
| Curbly |
Have you seen any great modern takes on silhouettes? Speaking of DIY, I'm almost finished the painting I started weeks ago. Once it is dry, I will attach some hanging hardware and post some pics.



I would love to try and do it myself. I cant wait to see your painting!
ReplyDeleteLove the very first one you posted, because it looks like something my artistically challenged self could accomplish, ha! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, these are fabulous. I may have found a new love! Gone forever are my preconceived notions about silhouettes.
ReplyDeleteI love the flower silhouette on the purple background in the white bathroom.Looks very cool:)
ReplyDeleteDora
i'm really slow when it comes to photoshop, but i've been trying to make a silhouette of my pit bull, with his big, floppy yoda ears sticking out!
ReplyDeleteI love that flower on purple... wonder if I could pull something like that off??
ReplyDeleteThanks for putting a modern twist on these! It sometimes seems the blogosphere is lacking modern inspiration so your blog is always a breath of fresh air.
ReplyDeleteI love silhouettes! What a great post - I almost did one for my wedding invite, here's a great example from our paper vendor: http://ohsobeautifulpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Mr-Boddington-Studio-Calligraphy-Silhouettes.png
ReplyDeleteReally like the Curbly idea.
ReplyDelete