This company will "restore" painted brick by creating a faux brick finish. I first read mention of the company on this post, about a couple trying to undo the brick painting previous homeowners had done.
| Yikes. Seems like a hassle. |
I've considered painting our brick fireplace, but frankly I like it as is. Painted would be cute (oooo-dark grey). But unpainting it if I change my mind seems horrendous. And I'm not convinced I wouldn't. But it seems people have strong opinions on either side of the brick painting debate. Thoughts? Are you for or against painting brick?
My house is painted brick, as are most of the houses on my block that were built in the 1940s and 1950s. Most of the houses were originally a dark red brick, which I'm not crazy about. All the painted houses on the block are tan, beige or gray, and I think they're really pretty. Friends are restoring a townhouse built in the 50s, and previous owners had painted stacked limestone. They just had it sandblasted, and every bit of the paint came off.
ReplyDelete