
Happy Halloween!
This weekend was suitably foggy and eerie for a Halloween weekend, so I got cozy inside. I've already sold some of my beaded Christmas spiders so I really need to get cracking and make some more, but first I had to make one last Halloween craft: turquoise painted pumpkins, inspired by my favorite vintage Pyrex pattern, Blowing Leaves.
After painting a series of pumpkins turquoise for my easy turquoise rhinestone pumpkins, I started dreaming about a Pyrex-inspired painted pumpkin. I eyed up my turquoise Pyrex collection and plucked the Blowing Leaves casserole from the top shelf.
Using the Craft Smart Paint Pen (found at Michael's - this one is similar), I just freehand drew the design of mod leaves. It is TRICKY to draw on a pumpkin because it's round and lumpy, and my design is admittedly a little wonky, but it turned out so adorably cute I wanted to share.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween! If you're craving a sweet treat but can't stomach any more candy, I highly recommend baking up a batch of these easy chocolate raspberry hand pies tonight.



this is the cutest idea!!!! i pinned it!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Cassie!
DeleteMaybe you should do this? http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project
ReplyDeleteI saw that this year! I wish they'd used purple, lol. We don't actually get any tricker treaters out here because we live in the sticks. All of my decorations stayed inside.
DeleteI love that you took your inspiration from a pyrex dish! It looks great!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Lisa!
Delete