October 7, 2013

Jaw Dropping Den + Workspace Makeover

While I'm tearing things apart at the lakehouse, my friend Erica has just put the finishing touches on her press room/den and it looks gorgeous.  She and her Hubby took the room to its studs and rebuilt a beautiful and airy space with hand-scraped floors, tons of storage, a stunning white porcelain tile fireplace surround, and a bevvy of DIY accessories, furniture and art.  Here are a few of my favorite photos, but head over to Erica's blog, Wicked Bride, to see more photos and get the full scoop on this year-long makeover.


The painting below is an Erica original.  I love the sheen and pops of turquoise (of course).  Check out her post for a more detailed shot of the texture.  Because this room is in her basement, Erica used a wall of mirrored Ikea cabinets to reflect light and add some much needed storage.


The fireplace is a total knock-out, and I love how Erica styled it with an eye catching mirror, which has lots of beautiful texture and reflects even more light around the room, and a meaningful sculpture.


When I last visited Erica the chair by the fireplace was teal, which was gorgeous but just not what Erica wanted.  She scored the black fabric for a great price and paid to have the chair reupholstered which was expensive, but worth it, because now she has a piece that is totally her style.  I can totally relate.  Even though some items were a splurge, I think it's really clever that the core pieces in this room: the sofa, the rug, the fireplace, the chair, are all neutral but she's thrown in colour in the pillows, artwork and accessories.  These neutral pieces will work in the space for a long time and Erica can easily give the room an inexpensive mini-makeover down the road by swapping out a few accessories or introducing new colours.


Will you even believe me when I tell you that this is the "before"?


Don't forget to check out the rest of the photos here.

6 comments:

  1. They did such an amazing job! I love the mirror

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the wonderful post, t! This made my DAY! (Scratch that, month!). I still giggle when I see that before photo - thank goodness it's just a memory now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure!! Your space is beautiful and needs to be seen.

      Delete
  3. Wow! It is lovely. I love that fireplace surround. I can't resist a good before & after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous makeover! I love the black and white with pops of orange!

    ReplyDelete

You've made my day! I love hearing from you.
Unless you're a spammer. Spam commenters, you're out of luck: I approve each and every comment, so don't waste your time here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...