I always plan to blow up & frame my travel photos, but my plans rarely come to fruition. I end up picking the photos apart and decide they aren't good enough. But then I found
Picnik, a fabulous, free (unless you want to do super fancy-shmancy stuff) photo-editing website.
Check out what I can do to this photo of me and two friends at
Momento Park (aka Szobor Park), an open-air museum of the monstrous statues found around Hungary during communism control:
 |
Unedited - just a regular shot with my point & shoot.
I like his shot because my hair looks especially shiny
and I'm with two good (new!) friends I met in Hungary. |
 |
| "1960s" Effect. |
 |
| "Cross Processing" Effect. |
 |
| "Posterize" Effect. |
There are so many more editing options available than what I previously had access to with my camera software, but I really like the posterize effect:
 |
| Unedited. |
 |
| Posterize. |
This definitely improves the odds of me framing my own photos!
I can completely relate to never getting around to printing photos. I love picnik as well. It's so fun and instantly gratifying to see what you can do.
ReplyDeleteWe use Picnik on our website, and I think it's very user-friendly.
ReplyDeletei use picnik too...and loads of luckfor the thesis dear
ReplyDeleteThose shots look great! I need to start using picnik.
ReplyDeletePS thanks for reminding me of summer weather (not!) what's with the non-stop rain lately? My landlord already has the heat cranked. Should be an interesting winter!
Emilie
www.liveeatsmile.blogspot.com
Great photos! Don't be so critical! They are all frame worthy. I know what you mean though. I miss many a blog post because I don't approve of my own photos.
ReplyDeleteI've seriously considered paying for the picnik upgrade.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool trick! The zipper sign is very cool and graphic!
ReplyDeletex Erin @ thanksimadeit.blogspot.com