I am headed out the door, off to work, but then I’m immediately hitting the snowy trail for a road trip to BlogPodium & the Canadian Design Bloggers Meetup (plus the Interior Design Show, of course).
Packing was a bit excruciating. As a PhD candidate, 100% of the conferences I typically attend are attended by other academics and, not to be rude, I’ve grown accustomed to being the best-dressed. Ironing my clothes has been the secret to my success. But I have a feeling the other bloggers I’ll meet this weekend will be fancier than me. You’ve seen my closet - you know I don’t have a lot of clothing (I don't even own a dresser). Plus, I work from home most days so my closet is chock full of yoga pants and cozy hoodies. This is my uniform:
But I struggled through and picked some outfits – you’ll see photos soon enough! I even fixed my DIY-destroyed manicure.
If you’re heading to the IDS or BlogPodium or Canadian Design Bloggers Meetup, please come and say “hi” to me! These are my first blogging events and I will know no one from the real world, while other bloggers might already have bosom blog buddies. Here’s me:
Well, I’m off! I found some old CDs for my road trip, so if you hear this song blasting from a black Nissan Versa, that’s me (apologies for cutting you off):


Have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun!
ReplyDeleteJealous that you get to attend IDS. I wanted to go but it doesn't work out for me to attend this year. Boo! Have a great time though and can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDeleteHave fun! I know you'll meet a bunch of great people and get some wonderful ideas.
ReplyDeleteOh I wish I could come really bad :) maybe next year
ReplyDeleteHave fun! I'm looking forward to hearing about your roadtrip. :)
ReplyDeleteFUN!!! ...wishing that Vancouver had a blogpodium :(
ReplyDeleteOoooh! Have a great time! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've commented before, but I've been following you for a few months. :) I'll be at blogpodium as well. I'm so excited to be putting faces to all the blogs I've been reading. (And maybe start being less of a quiet lurker.)
ReplyDeletewow...that sounds like fun...waiting to see pics :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you for taking a leap!! Have a ball!
ReplyDeleteMaureen
Have a great time! Your pictures are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm so envious of you!!! TO is my hometown and I attended IDS regularly before I became a blogger. It's so much fun and I know you'll meet some amazing people. Can't wait to hear all about it. BTW, where is home for you? I miss Ont and love hearing about where my favourite peeps live.
ReplyDeleteWe're from Thunder Bay, then moved to Kingston & now the Hubs and I live in Ottawa. Hubby has asked me to keep our city private, but I've convinced him I'm not alluring enough for stalkers so I plan to chat more about our lovely city in future posts!
DeleteI was hoping you were close to Toronto so we could meet in person this summer when I'm home for a visit:(
DeleteI visit often and can try to make one of my trips coincide with yours because meeting would be FAbulous!!! Just let me know when :)
DeleteHave fun!
ReplyDeleteIt was very nice meeting you tonight at the meet-up Tanya! Hope you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteIt was great to meet you, too, and I'm heading over to check out your blog. Can't wait!
Delete