Polka dots would look so cute on my little reject table! I would paint it black and freehand white polka dots, or maybe deep teal with bare wood polka dots. But a curvy floral pattern would be cute too-something really 1960's. Now, I'm torn. Thoughts?
December 6, 2010
Inspiration: Polka Dot Table
So, I found this table curbside a few months ago in my friend's neighborhood. Thanks for not being embarrassed by my garbage-picking ways, Ashley! It is solid wood and needs some TLC. I've been planning a barewood/painted pattern like this table, but maybe with a pretty teal paint and a graphic floral pattern, but then I found the polka dot table (below) on Yvonne Eijkenduijn's blog. I've been ogling her blog ("blogling" Hubby would say) since yesterday, when I was first introduced to her stunning kitchen.
Polka dots would look so cute on my little reject table! I would paint it black and freehand white polka dots, or maybe deep teal with bare wood polka dots. But a curvy floral pattern would be cute too-something really 1960's. Now, I'm torn. Thoughts?
Polka dots would look so cute on my little reject table! I would paint it black and freehand white polka dots, or maybe deep teal with bare wood polka dots. But a curvy floral pattern would be cute too-something really 1960's. Now, I'm torn. Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
©
Dans le Lakehouse | All rights reserved.

do the top with a reverse paint job. use leaves, like gingko, or a butterfly template and have the pattern be in wood and then what would be background as all white. I saw it done on a side cabinet on Apart Therp.
ReplyDeleteOooo, I love the idea of using leaves. That would look so pretty! Thanks for the idea.
ReplyDelete~Tanya