I was painting something dark and moody but, after a flash of inspiration, this is what I created:
I guess I wasn't feeling dark and moody. Anyone else find that creative endeavours sometimes have a mind of their own? These paintings are across from our black, random square headboard (see picture below). New bedding (back-ordered until the end of January, unfortunately), colourful throw pillows & accessories are in the works. I'll post pics soon, but a true "after" shot won't be had until February. *sad face*
OK, I am in love with this art....YOU did this? OMG! There is so much to comment on....I love all of the art that I have seen on your house tour, but never did I think for once that it was DIY?! Amazing. Really.
ReplyDeleteHi Melissa - don't worry, only some of it is mine. The better pieces, like in the living room and dining room, are by my Hubby's grandpa - a professional artist. If you type in 'Bert Weir' into the search feature on my blog, you'll find a post I wrote about him. Thanks for your kind words!
ReplyDeleteI found you from your comment on The Nester. Can you explain how you did your art work? It's stunning and I need a big piece of art for my living (and well really my bedroom too and my bathroom now that I think of it!) Thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Kat! Sure thing. I worked on all three canvases at once. I painted big chunks of random colours on each, then I worked into them using white paint. I used big brush strokes - horizontal and vertical, and in some places smeared the existing colours with white for a blurry effect and in other places, where the paint had dried, I layered over in white so the colour peaked through. I just did big, broad brush strokes with a brush designed for painting rooms - a few inches wide. Then, in places where I went too wild with the white, I layered on some pastels. I just kept layering until I was happy. I used acrylic paint which dries pretty quickly, but is a cinch to paint over. Let me know if this helps or not :)
ReplyDelete