In any case, orange and I are over. I'm back on the turquoise train. People leave me alone when I wear turquoise. While I rustle up something turquoise to wear, I'm thinking about turquoise non-wearables too:
![]() |
| Style Me Pretty; Etsy; House of Turquoise; Etsy; |
My bike (which I've been riding again with Hubby, after a five year hiatus) is a gold-y orange colour. Hmmm, I should probably play it safe and get some turquoise tires. I love these turquoise tires.
![]() |
| I definitely don't waste precious research time pouring over US Magazine. |
Although I love turquoise, I don't have a lot of it in the townhouse. I've sprinkled some turquoise around via accessories, the art, one chair. . . but they are little sprinklings. Because our plan has been to live in the townhouse for such a short period (we sell as soon as I am done my PhD), I've tried really hard to keep things neutral because buyers can be distracted even by a homeowner's personal items. Silly, but true. For our next place, though, I have big turquoise plans:
I love the idea of painting just some cabinets turquoise. I'd paint the rest a creamy white or soft grey, although the wood looks nice too - very vintage inspired.
![]() |
| Houzz |
Of course this is up my alley: a bright white space with a few key elements in saturated hues. I was way too scared to pick a statement-making chandelier for fear of turning off prospective buyers, when the time comes. But in our next place I want to go bold on some of the more permanent fixtures, like lighting.
![]() |
| Style at Home |
I have a long list of things I'd love in turquoise, including turquoise stairs . . .
![]() |
| Architizer |
A turquoise sofa . . .
![]() |
| Via Urban Comfort |
Turquoise walls . . .
![]() |
| Creative Flats via Decor8 |







I thought the stairs were cool.
ReplyDeleteI really want to see that orange dress.
Spot the dress in this post:
Deletehttp://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.ca/2012/08/diy-agate-necklace.html
And I love the stairs, too!!
I love turquoise. Love love love. Half of my Pinterest pins are from House of Turquoise. Or of other turquoise things. These days, I've been kind of into yellow, but, like you, I keep coming back to turquoise.
ReplyDeleteLooks like there is competition for turquoise finds! Well, I have a few awesomely turquoise DIYs coming up you will love!
DeleteAnother turquoise lover here, there's just something about the colour it's bold but also soothing. Those turquoise bike tires are making me swoon!
ReplyDeleteAren't they awesome? Bet that bike was pricey . . .
DeleteWeirdo catnip...LOL. I actually have that same dress (if it's Calvin Klein) in - you guessed it - turquoise!
ReplyDeleteI love turquoise, so much. I'm putting pops of it in our bedroom - having a chair recovered in a lighter turquoise/robin's egg, and a pillow for the bed. Also going to use some downstairs in the reno paired with seafoam, cobalt & greens. It goes with everything! Fantastic inspiration pics!
It IS CK and I'm jealous you have it in turquoise!! Of course you do, we were cut from the same cloth (pun intended). I could only find orange, but loved the cut. I am stealing yours when I come to visit. On an unrelated note, what size is yours? Want to make sure it will fit me, lol.
DeleteCan't wait to see your bedroom come together!
I do pretty routine cleanings of my cocktail dress collection (yes... unfortunately it IS a collection) so if that one is ever on the chopping block, I'll wrap it up and send it your way! I think it's a 6? Maybe a 4. Can't remember. Love the cut too - very retro. I pair it with a big turquoise/green capiz necklace, which you'd also love, LOL!
DeleteOh those stairs :)
ReplyDeleteI am on a torquoise kick too thinking about our master bedroom scheme! I want to see what that orange dress looks like lady, it sounds like you rocked it!!
ReplyDeleteI linked it up in the post - click the words "orange dress". Or, check out the agate necklace post:
Deletehttp://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.ca/2012/08/diy-agate-necklace.html
It doesn't look that awesome on me. It just has magical powers, haha.
I love great pops of color,
ReplyDeleteI keep them all in accent pieces up against our neutral background.
This way if I ever tire of it, it will be easy to change the accents not the furniture, floors and walls.
Just like styling an outfit, keep it simple and add the pop of color in a great accessory.
Amy
All turquoise, all the time. Love, love, love.
ReplyDeletePS. Weirdo catnip made me giggle:)
Because you live in Ottawa too, I recommend skipping on orange so the weirdos don't stalk you too, Gemma!
DeleteLove turquoise! These are such beautiful inspirations.
ReplyDeleteI love my orange, but I use turquoise in my house too. In fact, I just bought a turquoise daybed and lamp from Joe, and I can't wait till he brings them to me.
ReplyDeleteI love those turquoise stairs, and I'll be laughing about the weirdo catnip and your underpants for the rest of the day! haha
My living room walls are turquoise. I have deep turquoise throw pillows on the couch, turquoise accents in the pea green dining room, light turquoise bathroom with black and white tile. I love me some turquoise! But I like orange too! One bedroom is the same pea green with orange accents.
ReplyDeleteOoo - sounds gorgeous!! You are definitely a turquoise fan!!
DeleteI love turquoise too, especially combined with apple green and purple :-) I don't have a lot of turquoise in my house, although the wall colour in the family room magically turns a cool shade of turquoise at night :-)
ReplyDeleteLove that chandelier, it definitely makes a statement! And the turquoise stairs are very cool.
Oh my goodness, you are hilarious. Orange must be a beacon for the uninvited!
ReplyDeleteGreat turquoise finds :)
Soooo beautiful! I don't think there's a better colour out there. Thanks for the turquoise inspiration! I'm sure something in my house could be painted... ;)
ReplyDeleteJen
http://drawingsunderthetable.blogspot.ca/
I love turquoise as well! I adore that chandelier! And the kitchen theme is really cool with only a few cabinets painted. I think we all want to see this orange dress too!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I'm blushing! It's linked up, but if you caught my post on my DIY agate necklace you've already seen it! But see, it only works on weirdos, that's why you don't remember it, lol.
DeleteI'm so glad you posted that link to you in the orange dress as I was DYING to know what it looked like! It looks adorable on you! and I do love the color!
ReplyDeleteAwww, thanks :)
Delete