Here's a better shot of the sheers in our bedroom, from a rarely seen angle:
Even though the silk panels are pretty, I want the window coverings to blend into the walls more. I think it makes the windows look bigger and the rooms looks brighter. Plus, it disguises the fact that the townhouse windows are ALL different shapes & sizes.
Here is a snippet of the new fabric my mom & I picked out - it has more and less sheer sections so we are working on a more unusual system so the sheers will block more light when needed (I don't want the sun shining in my eyes while I am at the office desk). I'll keep you posted as we figure out a system.
![]() |
| The new fabric. |
![]() | |
| Sheers to the right of the door - same style as guest bedroom. |
![]() |
| Close up of the living/dining room sheers. |






I love all the patterned and textured sheers that are available. I love using them as well for privacy and diffusing light. I just wish they could be called something new because people think of sheers as super old-fashioned.
ReplyDeleteI agree! "Sheers" sounds so dated. Let's try to come up with a fun new name and see if it catches on . . .
ReplyDeleteI love your the sheers! And your house, it's beautiful! Your living room is gorgeous, I'm in love with that chair and ottoman.
ReplyDeleteThanks Erica! I bought the chair and ottoman from kijiji, the online classifieds website. The pair was $400. The seller had the set professionally reupholstered (its vintage) so it was a really good deal because no work was needed!
ReplyDeleteman, i'm in love with how light and airy your space is! the sheers and curtains make it totally delightful.
ReplyDeletemay i ask what paint colours you've used throughout your home? it's probably on your blog somewhere, but i can't find it!
ReplyDeleteThe sheers really help because, with the townhouse, we have so few windows so I try to keep EVERYTHING from getting in the way of any sunlight that tries to make its way in.
ReplyDeleteNobody has ever asked about the paint colour, so I never thought to blog about it but ask & I will deliver: Behr W-F-600 "Snow Fall" from Home Depot. We bought 5 gallon buckets and saved a ton of cash painting the house ALL in the same shade of white (except for one 1/2 bath). Paint is always listed as a "cheap" way to update a room, but to paint this whole house was about $800 in paint and supplies (but we did everything: walls, trim, doors, ceilings). So the bulk buckets of paint really helped our budget.
Thanks for asking your Q. Keep 'em coming - I'm happy to answer any & everything.